Feedback for Maddy Angstreich
- The designs are very simple, but this works in terms of delivering the humor in an understated way (which almost makes the quotes more funny). I think that keeping the typeface simple and sans-serif was an effective choice, but I think you could make compositions of the images a bit more dynamic to add visual interest. For the first one, maybe you could crop the image differently to draw more attention to the underwear? Also, you could experiment with the colors and use the red as a sort of accent color. For example, desaturating the photo besides the red, and then making the text red to draw attention to the underwear. For the second one, I think the composition works really well. The text is also easy to read and stands out on the blue background. For the third one, maybe experiment a bit with the text placement. The top left corner could be a good place for it since it is an empty space with no noise.
- One thing to consider is playing around with the size of the text. This could be just increasing the size in general to make it easier to read/more emphasized, or just emphasizing specific key words. The words that personally stick out to me are 'thunder', 'blue', and 'fire.'
- I like how you varied the capitalization in the third card, it helps the viewer identify the tone and humor behind the quote.
- With the quotes and images you used, you can really play up color (especially in the first two cards). This could make for really interesting designs.
- Another thing to consider is the clarity of the background image. I know its pretty hard to find high quality images from TV shows (I had the same issue), but I think in the end it will enhance your designs.
- Since the text is so small and placed in the corner, it seems like the images are the priorities of the designs. To help balance the roles, you could experiment with some of the ideas I stated above, like emphasizing key words or highlighting a color.
- For the third card, I would definitely increase the size of the text to fit with the exclamatory nature of the quote.
- Maybe to add more variability to the design when switching browser width, you could change the placement of the text and make the scale shift more dramatic.
- I really like the way each image expands as the browser grows. I think it would be really cool if you somehow revealed more and more of the background as the browser gets bigger.
- Additionally, you could gradually increase the size of the text as the browser gets bigger.
- I really love the image choices and think they work perfectly with the quotes, however I would definitely try to increase the resolution if you can!
- Aside from the second card, the character is positioned in the center of the composition. Maybe experiment with this placement to make more dynamic edge relationships.
- These cards are definitely buildable! The typeface is simple and will transfer to the browser environment.